Some people have a habit of biting nails. It not only damages your nails but teeth as well. Here are a few tips to get rid of this habit.
– Cut your nails from time to time. This way you will have short nails and you won’t have anything to bite!
– Be committed at letting go of this habit. Keep a reminder on your phone or put up sticky notes in front of your desk. They do help.
– Get a manicure often. Will you have the heart to bite those pretty nails, now?
– Calcium deficiency is one of the reasons why you have the urge to bite your nails. So, maintain a healthy diet which includes milk products. – Whenever you have the urge to bite your nails, distract yourself.
– If nothing works, try applying a deterrent like a neem paste or black pepper.
– Find out why you feel like biting your nails. If it is because of stress then get yourself treated.
– Get rid of the habit by wearing a wrist band and keep snapping it each time you have the urge to bite your nails.